Saturday, August 22, 2009

Apple of the Eye

The name of my blog is inspired by a song beautifully sung by Libera entitled Vespera (Evening Song).




Here is a part of the lyrics:

Before the ending of the day
Creator of the world we pray
That with Thy wonted favour, Thou
Would be our Guard and Keeper now

Chorus:

Keep me as the apple of an eye
Hide me as the shadow of Thy wing
Keep me as the apple of an eye
Hide me, hide me, hide me...

The words 'The apple of an eye' and the whole Chorus part is taken from Psalm 17:8 from the Christian Bible. If we read the whole of Psalm 17, we may encounter a person who wrote it as a plea to God to be saved and protected from one's enemies.

However, one day I discovered something else...

I tried to imagine that I was an apple of an eye of the Creator of the world. This Being looks at the world, the creation, differentely as the mortals do. How would the Creator's vision would be? And I was stricken by a wonderful vision! This eye would be able to see the world lovingly! This eye would not be fearful and worried! This eye would not ask to be protected from its enemies because it doesn't see anybody as an enemy!

How wonderful! How beautiful! How magical!

Then for sometime I kept reciting the words: The apple of an eye! I try to see myself as the apple of an eye of the Creator.

Why not? I thought. Many people divide others as 'bad' and 'good', but I usually don't. I always try to understand the circumstances behind the deeds of the people the others call as 'evil'. I am usually able to put myself in their shoes.

God pour the rain and the sunshine to good and bad people alike!

God loves everybody and wants us to do the same. To love everybody, good or bad. I see that the only way to start it is to try TO SEE them with 'Different Eyes', different way of looking!

Then I think: What an amazing idea! I started to feel like 'the apple of The Creator's eye'. It's beautiful! I feel one and not separated with My Creator, whom sometimes I call 'My Father' or 'My Mother', and I keep trying to 'look' at the creation as how The Creator would look at it: NOT TO DIVIDE THE GOOD AND THE BAD! TO LOOK WITH THE LOVING EYE TOWARDS THE GOOD AND THE BAD!

Then I found out that:

I was born to see!
To explore the world,
To discover life,
To experience human beings,
To interact with nature
And to love...
TO LOVE....WHOMEVER, WHATEVER, WHICHEVER!

So I dedicate this blog to record the description of the things I 'see', the way I look at it!
You may disagree with me: It's fine!
You may see look at it with different angle: It's wonderful! The world would be full of colours!!

I simply decided to record what I see, however strange and unusual it may be, however contradictive and striking it may sound!
I simply write it down when I feel that I was driven to write it.

I don't claim that my way of looking is the only right way of looking. I don't state that my 'eyes' are the best 'eyes' that can be used to see.

I just want to state to the world that how wonderful it is to feel not separated from the Creator, and even if I AM NOT 'an eye' , I feel amazing and would always feel grateful to be able to see the creation this way:

'Everywhere I see beauty. Everywhere I see glory.

Everywhere I see wonder. Everywhere I see magic.

Everywhere I see love....'

I feel joyful and peaceful to be able to see the world like that. And for me, that's what really matters!

From Cikarang, Bekasi, INDONESIA

No comments:

Post a Comment